The Colors of Fall Road Trip Guide details 25 of the best scenic tours during fall foliage season in New England. Trips vary from short drives on the coast to all-day excursions in the region’s mountains and forests. Detailed maps and itineraries compliment trip descriptions that tell you what you’ll find along the route. GPS coordinates are also included for trip “hot spots.” In addition, sidebars suggest short walks and hikes that are great diversions when a little leg-stretching is required. This is the perfect companion for any leaf-peeping excursion. Trips include:
* Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom: Groton State Forest, Cabot, and Peacham
* A Covered Bridge Tour of Southwestern New Hampshire
* Maine’s Western Lakes Region
* The Southern Berkshires: Hay Fields, Waterfalls, and Cobbles
* Rhode Island’s Beaches and Mansions: Westerly to Newport
* The Connecticut Highlands: North Meets South
* A Connecticut River Tour in Southern Vermont and New Hampshire
* Maine’s Big Woods: The Kennebec Valley and Moosehead Lake
7 x 9 inches, 144 pages, 90 color photographs.
This is a companion guide to our coffee table book, The Colors of Fall.